Using XQD card to transfer photos from Z6 to iPad pro

Started Aug 19, 2020 | Discussions thread
KnightPhoto2
KnightPhoto2 Senior Member • Posts: 2,095
Re: Using XQD card to transfer photos from Z6 to iPad pro

DaveK2 wrote:

If you have an iPad pro with USB-C interface you can use one of the USB-C hubs found on Amazon with an XQD card reader. No extra power input is needed. And as an extra benefit, you can plug in a small SSD for file backup using the Files app to move pic files around.

Edit: well, I tried to delete this post but I can't. I see now that the OP has a 2017 iPad pro which uses a Lightning connector for which my solution doesn't work. Anyhow, sorry for taking up bandwidth.

Not a waste of bandwidth, other readers like me are interested!

I'm currently investigating the new 11" M1 chip iPad Pro and your post is very helpful.  I'll be having to develop a travel workflow and I'm also trying decide how much iPad memory to purchase for big $$$) and/or a workflow that can leverage an add-on portable SSD.

All my memory cards are XQD (except I usually shoot RAW + jpg going to SD).

-- hide signature --

Best Regards,
SteveK
'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange

KnightPhoto2's gear list:KnightPhoto2's gear list
Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D500 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 58mm f/1.4G Nikkor AF-S 300mm f/4E PF ED VR +23 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow