P950_close-up tip_follow-up thank you

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
p900learner
p900learner Senior Member • Posts: 1,723
P950_close-up tip_follow-up thank you

Awhile back Dodge_Rock provided a nice macro/closeup tip with Sherman_Levine adding an additional tip. I've been using these tips and thought they deserved a review and a thank you. Such practical, helpful tips. Perhaps of help to new P950 users as well.

I paraphrased, because I made my own document to have for sharing with friends who are new P950 users.

Tip: switching focus to manual allows you to get much closer to your subject at higher telephoto focal lengths. For when using small-spot focus won’t lock in and focus -

Flipping the focus lever (top of the camera back - you have a small lever -MF/AF) to MF/manual. You can now roll the right side of the camera wheel to the minimum focus level & voila, white peaking highlighted focus.

Sherman added: switching to MF and tapping the AF (right arrow) button will achieve focus on nearby objects when neither AF nor AF_macro focus is successful.

Using the above AF right arrow button is very fast for focusing.

TIP - when using Manual Focus - holding the camera. Support the camera under the lens immediately in front of the tripod socket with your thumb and spin the side dial with your pointer finger to focus on the subject.

My hands are small, maybe I haven't practiced enough - but its a bit awkward, so I've been using the suggested Right Arrow button.

Thanks again Dodge-Rock and Sherman.

Ev

-- hide signature --
 p900learner's gear list:p900learner's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P950 FastStone Image Viewer PhotoScape
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow