M4/3 for birding

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
jtsm43fan Forum Member • Posts: 91
Re: M4/3 for birding PL 200 f2.8 + 1.4x

Im not at all very skilled at birding but it's fun to be outdoors and be challenged to get that great shot.

I've used my G9 first with the Panasonic 100-300 mkii but at the long end more often than not was disappointed with sharpness. I then found a great deal a used PL 100-400 which was an improvement. However I still struggled at time with focus. I was using mechanical shutter but then switched to electronic and that improved things a lot. Within the last month I could not pass up a great deal on the PL 200 2.8 with 1.4X teleconverter. Only took it out once but I immediately noticed how much faster the focusing seemed. Quicker to snap to and track subject than the 100-400. I miss the extra reach but the 560mm f4 equiv seemed to focus better with more light giving sharper keepers. Jury still out but wanted to share as it doesn't seem too many go for this 200mm lens. It's great. .. when way under msrp

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow