I love 15yr old Nikon D700 ... why would I upgrade? (Kids, Sports, etc. shooting)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
tony field Forum Pro • Posts: 12,154
A d750 might be a viable option

bizmord wrote:

My Nikon D700 is pretty much dead. After 260,000 actuations,

I did look into D750, but there is no back button focus. The new D780 has it, but no pop up flash (which I sometimes use if I don't want to attach the big SB-700 flash). Maybe D810, but it's more than twice the price compared to D700.

The d750 certainly has an excellent back button Focus system which I use for every shot. You certainly seem to have a good knack for shooting what looks like off camera flash and produce superb results. Based upon your images that I see there is no specific reason to upgrade your camera since it seems to be doing what you want.

On the other hand if you feel an upgrade as justifiable, certainly a d750 or a d610 are viable options. You certainly have a good selection of lenses  to work with any contemporary Nikon . Here are some of my shots with a d750 and bear in mind that I have an aversion to using Flash except for Studio work. All of these use back button Focus. Focus Precision and tracking is superb. Image quality appears to be excellent

The D 750 is now my high megapixel camera. My other camera is an 18 megapixel full frame fully manual camera

-- hide signature --

Charles Darwin: "ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."
tony

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
(unknown member)
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow