A couple more Samsung S20 Ultra samples converted from raw.

Started Mar 20, 2020 | Discussions thread
Jostian
Jostian Veteran Member • Posts: 4,726
Re: Thank you

Asim1 wrote:

RDM5546 wrote:

No smartphone is as good as my larger bulkier and more expensive cameras but the S20 Ultra gives me pretty good pictures. It is vastly superior as camera to my older Samsung S8 phone which I used to think was pretty good for a phone.

Are you sure it is better than Samsung S8?

the reason i am asking is because: I have also been S8 user for 3 years and in my experience i have never seen a good camera like it yet, i always shoot raw images and process them after according to my test and i must say images from S8 are very good in details and sharpness from edge to edge.

Unfortunately knowing the fact that Samsung makes good phones i recently bought expensive S21 5G and was hoping a somehow similar if not better image quality than my S8, but it disappointed me so much after realizing that its raw images compared with s8 are very softer and low in detail and overall the images look not so good. (jpegs are even wors comparing with S8's)

now i am thinking about buying S20 ultra after reading some reviews and because of its larger sensor and pixel binning thing. but im also afraid of losing another money if that also turns out to be same like S21.

(sorry if my english is bad, i hope you get the point) Thanks

The difference in RAW may not be as big as you'd hoped, but the SOOC JPEGs are way better, and you get the versatility of having a UWA and tele lenses.

-- hide signature --
 Jostian's gear list:Jostian's gear list
Panasonic LX100 II Canon EOS R5 Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 15-35mm F2.8L IS USM 808 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow