16 Unique Features That Your Camera Probably Doesn't Have

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP shinndigg Veteran Member • Posts: 4,394
Re: 16 Unique Features That Your Camera Probably Doesn't Have

SrMi wrote:

shinndigg wrote:

Sooo... What about the rest?

IMO

What About Noise? I agree that the arrival of sophisticated noise reduction programs, e.g., DxO DeepPrime, has reduced the issue of noise in a smaller sensor. I also agree that LiveND is a great way to eliminate long-exposure noise without requiring LENR. IMO, LiveND is one of the most important landscape-related features of an m43 camera, both for long exposure and reducing noise (frame-averagin

Can't speak on these personally, as I have an EM1 MKI and EM10 MK I

The Depth of Field Argument. In some situations, you can use more exposure for a given DOF, compensating for the noise disadvantage of an m43 camera.

Why Photographers Are Buying These Cameras. Low weight and size (with the highest quality lenses) are still reasons why I leave my FF kit at home.

Why I dumped my DSLR's YEARS ago. A cross country trip convinced me of that.

Live Composite, LiveTime, Live Bulb. Ashamed to say, I never tried them out, but they look like great features.

I've used Live Composite. It was a revelation for me

Live ND. You may still carry an ND filter with you when shooting with Live ND in strong light. It is not that much a secret how it works, AFAIK, as it can be done in the post or with multiple exposures. LiveND is much better than using an ND filter, except for the pauses between the internal shots. Phase One has also implemented something similar.

Wish I had this

Pro Capture. I have not used it, sound very useful

Indeed

High Resolution. IMO, it does not really match the resolution of some FF cameras, but it reduces noise and false colors as well.

Another wish

In-Body Image Stabilization. IMO, it works better with the smaller sensor.

Yep.

-- hide signature --

shinndigg
www.pbase.com/shinndigg

shinndigg's gear list:shinndigg's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Olympus E-510 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow