RX10 IV odd corner AF box

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
D Lynch Veteran Member • Posts: 5,197
Thanks Steve

Digital Shutterbug wrote:

D Lynch wrote:

I shook left eyed My touch focus is off

that’s an old habit My left eye used to be clearer than right I should try right eyed as my eyes have aged with me

If you can train yourself to shoot with your right eye you would gain the ability to use the touch screen to move the focus point. I don't know how easy it is to transition from one eye to the other. I have tried using my left eye just to experiment with setting the camera to work the way I wanted it to. I quickly realized it was not very usable when using my left eye. The position of the screen is just not correct for people that use their left eye. Some manufacturers make rifles for left handed people. I've never seen a camera made for left handed/eyed people.

I quickly saw that using my left eye was much more difficult than I thought it would be. I compare it to trying to hammer a nail into a board with my left hand. I might eventually get it done, but the board wouldn't be pretty. I assume people use their dominate eye to shoot with a camera viewfinder. I don't know that to be a fact. I suppose that people that lose sight with one eye can adapt to using the other eye when using a camera. But, it is probably a challenge. I'm sure I would have to work very hard at it.

As a child I shot rifles with my right eye

However when I bought my first slr I shot with my left eye

I still have astigmatism  I’m now farsighted  I was nearsighted way back  So I use farsighted progressive bifocals now

with the RX100-7 I must wear my bifocals to view the screen

Tje electronic viewfinder is a necessity for me  I even have one for my RX100-2

Dave

-- hide signature --

DaveL
WSSA Member #468
Ontario, Canada

D Lynch's gear list:D Lynch's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow