** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 11 JUL- 17 JUL **

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Papa48
Papa48 Senior Member • Posts: 3,519
Re: Frankie's

Schleiermacher wrote:

Nice one! A relaxed scene from everyday life. I’m guessing from exif that it might be from the TTArtisan 17/1.4? If so, I’d be eager to hear your thoughts about it.

Yes! I'm in the midst of testing the TTArtisan 17mm/1.4 against my XF18-55 in various scenarios, and it is very close at 5.6-8.0. The Fujinon is definitely better corrected for wider apertures than f/4. But at 5.6-8.0 the TTA is at its best and things like CA, vignetting and flare seem almost gone. There is definitely some barrel distortion going on, but if straight lines aren't a major element, it's not that noticeable. I did a few back yard shots with both at matched, optimal settings this morning. My greatest interest was the berm line to infinity, so the framing isn't exactly the same. I wouldn't hesitate to have the TTA 17 on for critical personal work at these settings.

Last night I walked the dog at a nearby state park and took this sample to document the shore erosion from lake Michigan. It's at f/8. Focus point is on the brush, just below half way up from the bottom of the frame. Since the X-E2s is X-Trans II, I shoot OOC jpegs with highlights and shadows soft to avoid crushed shadows and clipped highlights. I think the detail, color and clarity of the TTA 17 are very good at this price.

Papa48's gear list:Papa48's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Fujifilm X-E2S Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow