16 Unique Features That Your Camera Probably Doesn't Have

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ahaslett
ahaslett Veteran Member • Posts: 8,873
Re: 16 Unique Features That Your Camera Probably Doesn't Have

shinndigg wrote:

Sooo... What about the rest?

I went back and read all of it.  You are right, there are a lot of non-unique features.  I really like my EM1.2 - it’s a great camera with a lot of good features.  At some point, I’ll probably buy a used EM1.3 because HHHiRes and LiveND are attractive.

Speaking as the owner of an A7R4, I find some of the claims a bit odd.  The author doesn’t understand diffraction, got the telecentric lenses thing wrong and seems unaware that other bodies have pixel shift.

We can always hope that OMDS will continue to innovate, even if it’s a bit of a long shot.  Sony users are asking for some of the features mentioned in the article, so maybe that’s another route.

It’s very noticeable how much respect Olympus cameras have amongst multi-system users.  Panasonic are highly regarded for video, about which I know practically nothing.

My news feed keeps prioritising articles from Fstoppers.  This one looks like it fits the pattern.

Andrew

-- hide signature --

Infinite are the arguments of mages. Truth is a jewel with many facets. Ursula K LeGuin
Please feel free to edit any images that I post

ahaslett's gear list:ahaslett's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Olympus E-M1 Sony a7R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +29 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow