M6 Mark II with Metabones Speedbooster Vs 5D Mark iii

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
davev8
davev8 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,219
Re: M6 Mark II with Metabones Speedbooster Vs 5D Mark iii

Barry Reynolds wrote:

I have the M6 Mark II with a Viltrox Speedbooster, 11-22mm, 35mm f2, 50mm f1.8, 85mm f1.8, 70-200 f4 and flash.

I love using the Speedbooster, the size and weight of the kit, speed of the M6, focus bracketing and articulated screen.

Ideally I need a viewfinder (£250) and a Metabones Speedbooster (£400)

For the same price I can get a 5d Mark iii, however it's much bigger, heavier, larger and probably doesn't have as good autofocus.

I'm not a pro, just images for the web and I like to do animal portrait, wide angle to 200mm, landscape and more wildlife.

I know the 5d iii is better low light but I don't really shoot in low light, an maybe it has better image quality but I'm not sure that would show up on web images.

The Metabones allows closer focussing and has nearly the same sharpness but cropped in 1.1x.

So I'm torn between getting the Metabones or a 5d iii. Has anyone used both and has a preference?

i don't see the point of speed boosters ...the cost of a M6ii ,EVF and meterbones is more than a RP and close to an R

the sensor tech in a 5Dmkiii is old compared to your M6mkii

-- hide signature --

Attention Dislexsic i mean dyslexic person... This post will have many although spell checked, spelling and grammatical errs ..its The best its going get so no need to tell me it is bad I know it is .....................................................................................................
the EOS M is not dead and wont be for a long time ....as long as you don't want a flagship camera with a VF...if that's the case it died sometime ago
My 5D IS a MK1 classic
.........................................................................................................
There is no argument for FF vs APS-c (or m43) with shallow DOF..as it's a law of physics and a very subjective personal thing if you want to make use of the shallow DOF only FF can offer
.....................................................................................................
If you wait for a camera that will  tick all your boxes ....by then you will have more boxes to tick..... so the wait continues .....David Appleton

davev8's gear list:davev8's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow