Help me pick my final Fuji kit

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
MrALLCAPS
MrALLCAPS Senior Member • Posts: 2,083
Re: Help me pick my final Fuji kit

Fuji Maine wrote:

MrALLCAPS wrote:

Okay, lets break this down...

If you "finally had enough", then why not just leave the fuji kit Period?

There's a lot I really like about the Fuji system. As I've explained previously in the thread I'm going to move over to full frame. Not because I really care about full frame vs crop but because that's where the video features in a hybrid camera reside outside of Fuji. Because of the size I'm going to want a second smaller camera to take when I don't feel like lugging a FF size kit around.

Okay, so 2 look like this, Well are the other 2 in focus? Because if they are, 2 out of 4 aint bad.

I'm sometimes curious how many people are actually completely fine with only 50% of their images in focus. It would certainly explain a lot.

Woah, I said "2 out of 4". That doesn't mean I'm also saying "50 out of 100" to think 50% is just silly and would explain a lot if you think that way.

Moving right along. I've made it a point to really try and not be overly negative in my reasons for moving on from the XT4. To clarify once again, it's not like I'm not getting any shots in focus. In between my Canon 5D3 and my XH1 I had a cup of coffee with the Panasonic GH5. To be perfectly clear, to move from that panny to the XH1 was absolutely an upgrade in AF performance with all regards. I don't find the Fuji system unusable by any stretch of the imagination. There's just something to be said for being able to point a camera at someones face and having it accurately grab focus in one single snap without really paying much attention to what I'm doing.

So WHY would you want a fuji camera, if you feel this way?? You mentioned Two other systems that You said performed better. Both those systems have smaller bodies as well. Why waste your time with a Fuji camera? Just leave.

Most everyone here is much more into technical photography than I am. Those people are very skilled. Much more than I. They are intentional and precise with nearly every image they shoot. I'd be willing to bet most of them are boomer generation folks who cut their teeth on film photography. To go out and take photos is a valued hobby for them. To those folks, more power to you. I'm not exactly wet behind the ears at 38 but I'm also smack dab in the middle of the generation who has seen technology advancements travel in a trajectory that's pretty insane. I'm just old enough to be willing to work at something but also just young enough to be spoiled by technology, live a life that's generally fast paced in nearly ever facet and have a general expectation that things work simply effectively and efficiently. Photography serves a very different purpose in my life. Maybe 10% of my photography is approached artistically. I'm mostly about archiving the moments of life. AF hit rate is critical for me.

"AF hit rate is CRITICAL for ME."

You're wasting your time, you have your answer! Get anything but another Fujifilm camera. -Done!

A last word for the several people who have insisted that I'm a moron and don't know how to operate a camera. Here are five photos taken a couple hours ago with the enormous and heavy Sigma 150-600. They are all between 300-600mm. All taken handheld and from my knees as I was crawling behind cover to not scare them. Look at the shutter speeds. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if I can handhold a 4.25LB lens at 600mm and 1/160 shutter speeds with sharp results, it's pretty safe to say that my form is likely not the issue with the 56mm. And yes, there were several shots in the series when the camera decided to focus on something other than what I told it to as well. Just thought I'd defend my honor a little!

Well there you go. You have a huge selection of camera brands to chose out there. Especially where AF is Priority.

Good Luck and Enjoy!

MrALLCAPS's gear list:MrALLCAPS's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon Z6
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow