Re: Implications of Quad Bayer CFA?

Jonas Palm wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

victorav wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

Grimstod wrote:

FingerPainter wrote:

Chris R-UK wrote:

https://www.dpreview.com/news/0323015965/sony-reveals-21mp-four-thirds-stacked-cmos-sensor-capable-of-120-fps-full-width-readout

What are the implication of this sensor coming with a quad Bayer CFA?

Doesn't this result in lower effective resolution of colour stills?

Does it imply the sensor is primarily intended for video-centric cameras?

Long watch but has everything you could want as far as info goes.

Haven't wasted the time, but his previous videos have been no more informed than stuff you find on this forum, and the 'information' is often speculation.

I watched it, was pretty interesting. Kind of a summary of things mentioned in the forum.

That's kind of what I meant.

Really no more a waste of time then reading posts here.

Except, when you read posts here you know to take a load of them with a pinch of salt.

Not to mention that reading is SO MUCH FASTER than watching someone drone on and on in a video and hoping that they will eventually say something interesting.

The guy has a pleasant projection, but the level of the technological discourse is pretty low and even at that level there are some errors. I no longer watch his stuff.

There's plenty of incorrect statements on theses forums you must filter out first.

In terms of speed, I just skipped the parts I didn't care about... Not very difficult.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow