13x19 printer that clears clogs easily?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Petruska Veteran Member • Posts: 9,081
The reason the 3880 doesn't clog easily....

Vernon D Rainwater wrote:

PHXAZCRAIG wrote:

I've not printed anything in 4 years now, since my Epson P600 developed a small clog. I was just finishing printing pictures of my late wife for her funeral, so I just stopped printing after that.

I'd like to do some printing again, but even 4 years ago that clog was being persistent. I've previously had two other Epson 13x19 printers that developed unfix-able clogs.

At this point I don't care whether or not I get another Epson. I just need a printer that works reliably when it won't get used for weeks or months at a time. I'm just printing for my own hobby use. Windows 10.

Also considering a larger printer, but not if it develops clogs.

At the least, can't someone come up with a cleaning kit for Epson printers? Something that relies of a solvent instead of pumping expensive ink at clogged openings?

The best Photo Inkjet Printer I have owned and used is the Epson 3880. I bought it from B&H on 11-22-2010. I can truthfully state that I have never initiated even one head cleaning and have never had a clogged nozzle during the entire time I have owned it.

It continues to print Excellent photos and is a pleasure to use.

is that it has pressurized ink feed cartridges, were most other printers have gravity ink feed.  The Epson P800 also has pressure feed.  I believe that the P700/P900 may now also have pressurized carts.

Bob P.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow