New User OM-D E-M5 III

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Ken Gosden Senior Member • Posts: 2,935
Re: New User OM-D E-M5 III

David Redfearn wrote:

I have been shooting Sony cameras for a number of years now (A7RM4, RX100M5 and M7). I read an interesting article in the latest CameraCraft magazine about Olympus E-M1 bargain deals and B&H had a sale on the E-M5 III and 14-150mm lens for US $1049 so I ordered one. The CameraCraft article also mentioned the 30mm Macro lens that supports focus stacking - so I ordered that lens too. I grow orchids and do a lot of orchid photography - and depth of field is always a challenge (and full-frame makes that harder). I am hoping this camera and lens will make my macro photography easier. (Plus, I am looking forward to broadening my camera experience.)

Over the years I have been relying on Gary Friedman's Sony camera eBooks (which are excellent); he offers some eBooks for Olympus cameras, but not the E-M5.

Can anyone recommend a book, eBook or web site that would be helpful in configuring the new camera? (I assume the User Guide supplied with the camera will be like Sony User Guides, and not be particularly helpful.)

Suggestions will be appreciated.

David

I would suggest to you that one thing about Olympus is the feature set is usually 90% the same on all the cameras of a given generation.  Generally the more expensive models have a few more buttons and one or two additional features, but otherwise the menus and options are really close.  So, what I mean is that if you like his books and style pickup one for the OMD EM1 Mk2 and you will be 90% covered.

Ken Gosden's gear list:Ken Gosden's gear list
Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus Tough TG-3 Canon G5 X II Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II +19 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow