Sony FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS

Started 3 months ago | User reviews thread
kml426 New Member • Posts: 18
Re: Sony FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS

yodog wrote:

Well, I see a "welcome to dpreview" is in order as I see you are new here. Thanks for your reply and kind regards about my daughter's wedding. With my luck, she will ban all cameras at her wedding.

Congratulations on your new purchase...you don't kid around do ya'! I think that's a great combo at an unbeatable price. I'm jealous. That 16-35 G Master f/2.8 sounds crazy good. Actually, I have a 16-35 f/4 and 24-120 f4 lenses on a Nikon D610, but I made the crossover to Sony mirrorless a year or two ago (a6000 kit) and recently went full frame after getting bitten by the bug. The high ISO and focusing in these cameras is amazing.. I am a convert and the time spent with my Nikon gear is sadly diminishing. It's not worth selling, so I will hang on to it and still play around with it. I still have some Nikon lenses like macro and fisheye that I haven't replicated in my growing Sony collection. I'm really having so much fun lately with the Sony 200-600 and looking forward to putting it through the paces at an upcoming airshow in September.

I should note that I did make the purchase of the Sony 24-105 since I posted earlier and bought it used with a trade. Can't wait to see how it performs.

Good luck with your new gear and I look forward to hopefully seeing some of your future comments and maybe some gallery photos taken with the new lenses.

Take care,

Mike

Thanks for the warm welcome, Mike. I've been registered on dpreview for quite some time but never posted anything. I feel humbled by the amazing talent and knowledge here and haven't found I had anything to contribute. I am active in other forums and contribute regularly to those (boats, cars, scuba) since I have much more experience and knowledge to share. Now that COVID is mostly behind us and we can start travelling again, with this new equipment I hope to have experiences and or photos to share here.

I received my first piece of the new equipment today - the only used item I purchase - the 100-400 GM. Much more heft and weight than my Pentax glass. The lens was only six months old and is in like new condition and was packed in the original box like it was new. The other three lenses and the body (all new) arrive tomorrow!

Kevin

kml426's gear list:kml426's gear list
Sony a7R IVA Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 Sony FE 24-105mm F4 Sony FE 35mm F1.8
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow