Instagram is dead for photographers

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Mika Y.
Mika Y. Senior Member • Posts: 1,762
Re: Instagram is dead for photographers

The Maverick wrote:

Hi everyone,

I joined Instagram last month and started posting my photos daily. It was going well with increasing number of engagements day by day until from last week my engagements drastically ,dramatically fell down!! I heard of Instagram's new policy,what are your thoughts about it? With many platforms like Flickr and Instagram dead what do you think should we do stay at Insta and wait for an alternative (could take a while) or leave Insta and focus on 500px, Twitter etc.

Frankly, I'd say that in the fickle world of social media judging a service to be dead for photographers based just on personal one week's engagement statistics is quite premature.

Incidentally, looking at my own fairly sporadic Instagram activity, a photo I posted there this week seems to have the largest number of likes for any of my posts since March, but I don't expect that to tell much about Instagram's status for photographers, quality of my photos or anything else.

Mika Y.'s gear list:Mika Y.'s gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS Rebel T4i Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow