Hear me out. My theory how Nikon 24-70mm 2.8g saves you from buying a 70-200mm 2.8g

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
JacquesBalthazar
JacquesBalthazar Contributing Member • Posts: 788
Re: Hear me out. My theory how Nikon 24-70mm 2.8g saves you from buying a 70-200mm 2.8g

Feels sensible at first sight. However, low light situations with moving subjects are hardly ideal to take full advantage of high res sensors. What i mean is that by cropping radically from your 24-70 images, you will magnify all the little imperfections as well: slight movement blurs, slight focusing errors, etc. You will also have to use the same shutter speeds/high ISO as if you used a tele lens, in order to freeze movement and limit shake blur (even with VR on).

So, yes, can be done, but with a lot of care and some potential frustration once you look at printing your cropped images.

by using a VR tele lens, you maximise your chances of getting that super sharp image of the dancers that you can enlarge enough for a framed wall picture.

JacquesBalthazar's gear list:JacquesBalthazar's gear list
Nikon Df Leica M10 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 58mm f/1.4G Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 1,4/35 ZM Nikon 28mm F1.4E +27 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow