Fujifilm shifting to healthcare

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Techvet Forum Member • Posts: 84
Re: Fujifilm shifting to healthcare

Jerry-astro wrote:

I see an awful lot of speculation here with virtually nothing to back it up. There’s a big difference between real data and “for all we know” sort of comments, which IMHO are pure speculation. That’s not to say that you might not ultimately have a point here, but absent real data and financials that show that the division is bleeding profit, then I think this falls into the “your guess is as good as mine” category, and something I would regard as highly ignorable.

Thank you, Jerry - your points are spot on!!  I too have read the quotes and to me Fuji's new CEO clearly indicates that the imaging division will continue to exist.  I see nothing to indicate that the imaging division is running in the red nor is there anything to say that  the shareholders are demanding that it be axed for the sake of profits.  My experience has been that in the absence of hard data we humans tend to fill in the gaps of any story with thought and supposition, which is often canted in a negative direction.

Techvet's gear list:Techvet's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow