Taking the X-T3 where few dare to take it..... Underwater! (Part II)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DivineMadcat Regular Member • Posts: 102
Taking the X-T3 where few dare to take it..... Underwater! (Part II)

Many moons ago, i started this thread, where is first started documenting the adventures of my X-T3 in an underwater housing here:

Taking the X-T3 where few dare to take it..... Underwater! (Part I): Fujifilm X System / SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review (dpreview.com)

Having had more time to dive with it, I wanted to share more photos taken with it, as i feel its a subject not often seen with Fuji cameras; i even had to improvise some of the zoom parts needed to control the 10-24, as they no longer make them for this lens (i am actually not sure they ever got released).

For starters, my primary equipment now is virtually the same every time:

• X-T3 Body
  • 10-24mm 
  • Seafrogs X-T3 housing
  • 8" acrylic dome port

I find for the type of pictures i enjoy, this setup is the most versatile. While there is of course the 8-16, i cannot afford it; nor would i want to lose the 24mm end of the zoom. While very wide is nice at times, get a bit more zoom is very helpful.  Now, if they release a 12-24mm 2.8; well, color me interested.

Anyway....

Living in Florida, we have some amazing dive sites around the state, both inland and the sea. With this simple setup, i have really had a chance to expand my photography in way i never felt possible. When we go freediving, it is so much fun to dive and go for some amazing shots...

Me hanging out on a shelf, at the mouth of a spring..

Following another diver into a small cave..

Looking up at the world...

But spring diving isn't the only thing that's amazing out here.  Over the 4th, we got a great chance to dive Blue Heron Bridge, which was amazing, photography aside. The artificial reef is amazing to see in person, and the wildlife is stunning. Of course, getting to dive with the camera allows me to share that with everyone...

Swimming with a spotted eagle ray

He was rather curious...

His smaller cousin... not so much...

The lobster bros totally hated me...

If only i had butter with my camera...

Unlike the boat, my camera stayed ship-shape throughout the dive!

As always, happy to share more photos, and experience, and talk about the setup. And if there are more divers out there, feel free to chime in with your experience too.  I don't oftne see dive rigs, and never ran into another Fuji, so i would love to hear from you!

DivineMadcat's gear list:DivineMadcat's gear list
Canon G7 X II Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +3 more
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow