Sony FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS

Started 3 months ago | User reviews thread
yodog
yodog Senior Member • Posts: 1,884
Re: Sony FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS

I am about to purchase the 24-105 myself to replace the 28-70 lens that came with my a7iii. My 28-70 seems to be a good copy, but I think I am ready to move up to the 24-105 and all that it has to offer. Regarding filters...based on the well-documented vignetting in the 24-105 reviews I have read at its widest settings, I have decided to forego a filter in this case and just use the lens hood. It makes sense that a filter will only make the problem worse and more difficult to remove in processing.

My daughter is getting married next year and I think the 24-105 sounds perfect on the A7iii for the occasion. If not, I suppose I can always rent the 24-70 f/2.8 for the day, but I think the 24-105 will help keep the size and weight down.

I do like the idea mentioned above about using APS-C mode if extra reach is needed...either that or just crop in post. Or better yet, just mount the lens on a APS-C body if you have one.

Mike

-- hide signature --

Aim High - Lay Low

yodog's gear list:yodog's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon D7200 Nikon D500 Sony a7 III Sony a6400 +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow