I love 15yr old Nikon D700 ... why would I upgrade? (Kids, Sports, etc. shooting)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
AwesomeIan Senior Member • Posts: 2,303
Re: I love 15yr old Nikon D700 ... why would I upgrade? (Kids, Sports, etc. shooting)

bizmord wrote:

AwesomeIan wrote:

bizmord wrote:

AwesomeIan wrote:

I would like at a used D810. If you don't mind APS-C you might check out the D500

my friend just picked up a used D810 for $1,000 at just 6k or so actuations. We'll be shooting similar events and would definitely be interesting to compare, quality of photos ... composition obviously will defer based on who is holding that camera.

One thing that will be apparent is the ability to crop into different composition in post. The 36mp sensor will give you a ton of wiggle room to do this. Don't get me wrong, I am always trying to get everything right in camera and never want to toss out pixels. However we don't live in a perfect world and given the subject matter you shared I believe you are probably cropping already. Anyways, my whole point is the 3x increase in pixels will ultimately help your photography.

I hear you, but I also think that D810 will allow less room for error compared to D700. I heard D700 with less MP is a lot more forgiving.

I saw you mentioned you have a 70-200 VR2. The vibration reductions should do just fine on the D810.

-- hide signature --
 AwesomeIan's gear list:AwesomeIan's gear list
Nikon D500 Pentax K-1 Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD HD Pentax D FA 24-70mm F2.8 ED SDM WR +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow