I love 15yr old Nikon D700 ... why would I upgrade? (Kids, Sports, etc. shooting)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
straitouttahell
straitouttahell Contributing Member • Posts: 739
Re: I love 15yr old Nikon D700 ... why would I upgrade? (Kids, Sports, etc. shooting)

robert1955 wrote:

straitouttahell wrote:

bizmord wrote:

Interesting post. So are you saying that if a friend of my who just got his D810 is still learning and may have issues perfectly focusing and shaky hands, he is better off shooting at quality NORM which would be around 24mp or so>?

Oh no, who am I to give advices
I was just stating what I encountered in my experience. If you zoom in 100%, you'll see camera shake and misfocuses (and lens softness, and chromatic aberrations, etc) more at 36M than 12M. The image is bigger, the mistake is bigger.

But if you look at both at the same output size?

If you look at both at the same output size, you will probably see the same amount of camera shake and misfocus.

But if we go down the "output size" rabbit hole, we may find out that an alarming number of cameras out there could be successfully replaced with smartphones.

straitouttahell's gear list:straitouttahell's gear list
Nikon D2X Nikon D7100 Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM Art Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
(unknown member)
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow