* The Weekly Image Thread 21 07 11 #580 *

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
EZGritz
EZGritz Senior Member • Posts: 4,191
Re: 100-400 In Alaska

The MC14 and MC20 work great with the 100-400 on a bright day. I tried them but I don't have a need for this much range very often. In Alaska I bet I would. Take them if you have them. They don't take up much space or weigh much.

Most of what I do is 300mm or less. With the MC's we can shoot f/2.8 -f/5 up to 600mm in a comfortable size/weight package. I think OLY knocked it out of the park with the 40-150PRO. It's a reason why I have not opted for the 100-400 yet. Most of the time the extra 200mm doesn't help me. I will need more if I do more birding. The 300 f/4 is over the top great but it would be nice to have a super long zoom when I need one.

Have a great time! I wish I could go to Alaska this summer but in two weeks I'm driving the coast to Sonoma in a roadster. Then over to Reno, then Monterey and home up the coast from there.

EZGritz's gear list:EZGritz's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M5 III Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow