Jim Vincent Senior Member • Posts: 1,705
Re: 100-400 In Alaska

Flying and driving.

1st night in Anchorage

3 nights in Seward; 2 days to hike, 1 on a glacier/wildlife cruise

3 nights in Homer; 2 days to hike, 1 hike & glacier kayak tour

1 night in Anchorage in route from Homer to Denali

4 nights at Denali; 3 days to hike, 1 all day bus tour as far in as you can go

We were there once before on a bicycle tour 9 years ago. Didn't see any of the Kenai Peninsula, but, loved the scenery. Knew we'd want to return.

Yes, I'd also heard the mz100-400 was a reworked Sigma and it makes sense based on the size, however, Olympus did improve on the Sigma design some. Being able to use the 1.4 or 2 TC's is nice, but, not sure I'd ever do that.

You mentioned the Sigma 150-600 in the other thread. That's even bigger and 50% heavier than the 100-400. Don't know if OMDS will attempt a m43 version of it, but, doubt I'd be interested. I'm having enough trouble holding this one steady!

Will probably mostly shoot the 12-100.  Will bring the 7-14 along, not sure how much it will get used, usually 12 is wide enough or I'll stitch a 3 shot pano.

Jim Vincent's gear list:Jim Vincent's gear list
Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow