Grand Teton NP photos

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP jm10 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,402
Re: Grand Teton NP photos

Blind Bill wrote:

Beautiful set of images! We're visiting the first two weeks of September and staying at Coulter Bay RV Park. Thinking ahead to travel times from camp and wondered if you stayed near there? I suspect that we'll be up at O'dark-thirty every morning to be at these sites.

Did you use any ND/CPL's for your shots?

Sorry for all the questions - love your images and am kind of excited to travel that way.

Best.

Thank you kindly for your nice comments Bill! The days will be shorter in September so you will get more sleeping time in the morning:-) There is no ideal place to stay in the Tetons since the park is so stretched from South to North. Coulter Bay looks OK to me. Only 13 minutes drive to Oxbow Bend! The worst case may be the Mormon Row - 41minutes...I did not stay there; our motel was not too far from the Airport, so I had to drive about 40 min to the Oxbow Bend.

Did not use NDs at all - saw no need. Just once (a 3-stop) for a creek shot around Taggart Lake but did not like the result. Tried CPL a couple of times but realized that the sun was always behind my back (in the morning), so this was not very useful. CPL may be OK if you shoot in the middle of the day having the Teton Range in the background - then the sun will be on the side from you...I would keep the CPL in the bag. If you like shooting lake scenes an ND may be useful to hide the ripples; it may get windy at day time, so it is for you to decide.

Hope you have a wonderful trip.

jacob

jm10's gear list:jm10's gear list
Ricoh GR II Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow