UK Motorsport Lens Advice

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
evetsf Senior Member • Posts: 1,554
Re: UK Motorsport Lens Advice

Which lenses to take will depend on how close to the track you can get.

I've been fortunate to obtain trackside access for events held at my nearest track - Pacific Raceways in Kent, Washington, USA. Basically I'm out at the corner workers' stations, which can be quite close indeed.

For that environment, the PL50-200 is quite close to an ideal lens. If anything there may be occasions when I'd like it to be a bit shorter on the wide end, but I can usually find a place or angle where 50mm will do the job.

However, if I were limited to the spectator areas at the track, I want something longer, as I would be farther away. Adding the 1.4x or 2.0x teleconverters to the 50-200 would be the way I'd go, since I have neither the 100-300 nor the 100-400.

-- hide signature --

Steve
- The Hierarchy Approves -
All rights reserved for any images in my Gallery or included in a message. Specific exceptions may be granted upon request.

evetsf's gear list:evetsf's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Panasonic FZ2500 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow