* The Weekly Image Thread 21 07 11 #580 *

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
WhyNot
WhyNot Forum Pro • Posts: 10,629
Three More Stacked

Well today is shot and I noticed the breeze had dropped and the sun was lower giving a bit softer light so I tried a few more stacked images just to get the practice … This passion flower is what had me thinking about the technique I'm using as I always have a problem with DOF with this three dimensional flower .. This is a stack of 5 files

Then I moved on to the red and white flower, sorry it's raining now and I forget to look at the stake to get the name … this one is 4 stacked images …

Finally these yellow flowers that are spaced a good distance to test the DOF with 4 stacked images

As before these were all taken using the M1.2 with the Sigma 105mm macro lens. The focus stacking was done manually and a mono-pod was used to steady my hands … The processing was done using the focus stacking module of Affinity and these pictures have been further processed. … I think this technique makes the process more usable for me but will require some kind of support when I think I'll need it …

WhyNot

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow