How do zoom shooters actually calculate their shots?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
jtr27
jtr27 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,289
Re: A few thoughts on that…

deednets wrote:

Snapsh0t wrote:

As that's now thirty likes, it seems many people do think I gave an appropriate reply to your question.

The currency of the internet. It didn’t answer the question but was a response people liked. Good for you.

I still have no strategy for a group shot with, say, the 50-140/2.8 where I need 1.70 minimum depth of field from 6 meters at 110mm - and then zoom in to tighten the crop.

Your response answered that you think?

Will read your 30 likes again later to get an f stop when changing from 110 to 130 to keep the required dof.

Jerry told me that he didn't think likes don't matter, but for you they clearly do. Since 2004 when I joined dpreview I think I never got 30 likes, so there's true magic here at play it seems.

Well done!

Please Deeds, don't pretend not to care about likes - it is not a convincing look.  As far as I can tell. you are far and away the most fastidious counter, measurer, and weigher of likes on this forum.

It's only when things don't go your way, and I must say that seems to be fairly often, that you claim to be above such pettiness.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rlx
rlx
rlx
rlx
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow