Best smartphone camera for pro photographers

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
_vlad Senior Member • Posts: 2,804
Re: Best smartphone camera for pro photographers

Droo wrote:

melodika wrote:

Hmm. I agree there must be better 48mp sensors out there but then again we are talking about smartphones. I did some comparisons with Ricoh GR III earlier, and the phone is quite close (although Ricoh is only 24mp). However I also have A7rii so I can test how QB 48mp actually compares to 42mp "real camera". That would be interesting!

QB does not even come close to regular Bayer resolution in colorful scenes. You should expect 40-50% of the MP when you develop from RAW, so 19-24 MP for this one. I develop my P40 Pro 50 MP DNGs to 23.2 MP.

Interesting.  I develop them always to full 50 MP - and can use them as they are. Has to be tweaked for artefacts though, limiting microcontrast in high details. Limiting details is easy in post (that is beauty of HUA approach) increasing details with GCam is tough job if at all possible. Agree that QB has not full res as BSensor - but then why to limit yourself to even less.

Some samples  with full colors - obviously colors can be tweaked and muted if one wants, the meritum is how crisp and detailed can 50 MPIx be without introducing artefacts - which is plague.

YMMV though

-- hide signature --

Vlad

_vlad's gear list:_vlad's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow