Am I the only one stuggling to get Fuji colours I like?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jh3rd Regular Member • Posts: 126
Am I the only one stuggling to get Fuji colours I like?

Just bought a X-E4 and I love the camera!

I also bought Capture one to process the new files and really hating the colours (I have profiled the monitor). I come from a leica M9 (cooler colours, with slight purple hint) and Sigma Fp (slightly warmer yellower colour) both of which I loved the basic raw colours. The fuji, they are just flipping awful. (not talking about the inbuild simulations, just a basic representation of the colours I've seen)

I'm shooting raw and trying to get a neutral base to go from. The best I've gotten setting wise is to set it to a ICC profile of 'Camera RGB profile' and then curve 'Linear responce'. I then set the White balance to 'Daylight' & I brighten them up a little an add quite a bit of satuation.

This is by far (to my eyes) a much more neutral & natural colour rendering with skins less 'pink' and greens less bright yellow green. I think I can cope with this profile as I build onto my edits, but flip I really thought I'd like the fuji colour more.

Anyone had a similar journey (trying not to have to use a colour passport) Cheers (this is just my opinion of the colour, so please don't get upset!) any tips?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow