Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
tugwilson Veteran Member • Posts: 3,373
Re: Godox AD 600 Pro vs Broncolor

Teila Day wrote:

kli wrote:

Teila Day wrote:

kli wrote:

the Broncolor RFS2.2 triggers are (heavily) modified designs, based upon the Godox X1T transmitter. ...

One assumes Broncolor did more than just make it compatible with their lights and other RFS triggers, turn it into a transceiver, and rewire/relabel the buttons for different functions. They may have modified antenna design or tuning for better reliability. ...

I can't speak for the Godox triggers, but I use the Bron RFS 2.2 almost daily. You make a good point about the possible antenna design/modification(s) because to date, I haven't had a single issue with the trigger... indoors, outdoors, extreme heat, cold/snow.

If it is just a rebranded trigger - I may have just gotten lucky. My bet is that the Godox and Bron triggers aren't exactly the same.

They're definitely not exactly the same and they are not "just rebranded", for all the reasons I listed above. It's why I said they're a heavily modified design. The RFS2.2 is a transceiver and has a Broncolor RFS UI. The X1T is only a transmitter, and has a Godox UI. While all the physical dimensions/controls/button layout, etc. are identical between the two, the labelling and use of said buttons is not.

I see a lot of folks on the interwebz saying it's just a rebrand, but there's no way they could be and still work with the Broncolor lights and pre-existing RFS triggering.

Makes perfect sense to me that they wouldn’t be. The Broncos RFS2.2 has been straight forward and reliable in my experience. Thanks for the info.

In hardware terms they are very similar. Specifically the antenna are identical.

Picture of the internals of the Godox X1T are here and the Born vesion here.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
kli
kli
kli
kli
kli
kli
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow