* The Weekly Image Thread 21 07 11 #580 *

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
Craig from Nevada
Craig from Nevada Veteran Member • Posts: 9,463
Veni, Vidi, Vici

The faults are gorgeous.

I think I can buy Happy Frog at the local garden shop.

Rich Z wrote:

I went out for pictures on Friday. It is getting harder to avoid crowds here.

I stopped at the dahlia garden and just got a few. It suddenly filled with people and I got out of there.

All I got there was a dahlia...

a bee...

and a bird who had just caught something yummy and perched on a garden stake just long enough for me to change from C3 to S, zoom out all the way, and appreciate the fast and accurate autofocus of the M1.2 and 12-100.

U.S. Army National Guard armory across the street from the dahlia garden.

On to the rose garden but again people were there and I snapped a few and got out.

That's right, **** pictures, I mean fertilizer. You're used to my **** pictures by now.

A local product from a worm farm. They put the castings (****) in the soil.

I tried Fort Humboldt and it was deserted so I made quite a few there.

This is a Dolbeer Steam Donkey, a local invention. It is a porta-power from the 19th century. They were on skids. The cable was attached to a tree and it could pull itself around the woods to bring power to a logging site and stay until the land was completely denuded.

This one still runs and used to be fired up one weekend per month from Spring to Fall to entertain visitors, along with the little gypsy locomotives and The Humboldt State University logging team. Women throwing axes at targets and other subjects of interest. None of this, of course, has happened since 2019. Will old people remember 2019 as the last good year?

A larger one.

And, a much larger one.

That's all. Rich

Craig from Nevada's gear list:Craig from Nevada's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-H1 Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus E-M1 III Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow