FF glass on APS-C bodies?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
José B
José B Forum Pro • Posts: 19,646
Re: FF glass on APS-C bodies?

theworstphotographerontheinternet wrote:

Hi everyone, I recently purchased an a6300 (secondhand), and a copy of the Sigma 35mm f/2 Contemporary, to complement the weather sealing on the camera body.

The lens itself is a joy to use, but it has got me wondering how many of you use FF lenses on APS-C bodies, and which ones are your favourites in terms of size/weight/balance with the camera.

Any thoughts?

I’ve been using full frame lenses on APS-C since my Canon 20D days in 2005. I prefer to buy premium lenses (L lenses) and they don’t make them for APS-C sensors. I still use those lenses when I switched to Canon full frame DSLRs. With my current A6500 system I have a mix of APS-C and FE lenses. I have no intentions of upgrading to Sony FF mirrorless cameras as I am extremely happy with my current gear.

My faves are the ones that I have: Sigma 35/1.4 ART, Sony-Zeiss 55/1.8 and Zeiss Batis 85/1.8. If ever I will add to these it will either be a Sigma 135/1.8 ART or Zeiss Batis 135/2.8.

Cheers,

José

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Sony a6500 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow