Received "new" A7C with 500+ shutter clicks from B&H

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Despiser Regular Member • Posts: 410
Re: Received "new" A7C with 500+ shutter clicks from B&H

AlephNull wrote:

bceye wrote:

Return process was smooth (so far) and the chat agent was helpful. Whatever their business needs are, this still left a bad taste as I've been doing business with B&H for professional grade equipment for 15+ years.

What other online places people recommend? Amazon doesn't have it in stock at the moment. Next one I can think of is Adorama, but I've heard they have the same practice?

I think this is a consequence of the return policies in the US, where people think nothing of ordering three items, trying them all out, then returning two; sometimes proudly reporting on here that they did this to be sure of getting “a good one”. I don’t like it, because if I order something “new” then I expect something new from the factory, not something one or more selfish people have pawed and returned.

I’m not from the US, though, so maybe this is seen as expected there.

I agree. This is how you drive up prices and degrade return policies. Bigger companies like Amazon can absorb the impact. However, OP’s case is simply quality control at work most likely.

Despiser's gear list:Despiser's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony FE 50mm F1.8 Sony FE 20mm F1.8G Tamron 28-200mm F2.8-5.6
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow