Maybe I messed up or maybe the R5 saved me

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Kokopelli_Rocks
OP Kokopelli_Rocks Senior Member • Posts: 2,523
Re: Maybe I messed up or maybe the R5 saved me

Steve W wrote:

Congratulations. HS graduations are pivotal moments for all families.

Now my question if you don't mind me asking. You now have an R5 and a Sigma 150-600mm C.. How is that working out? Does the auto focus performance hold up for this adapted combination? Have you every used or do you plan to use the combination for Birds in Flight. Appreciate if you can share your experience on that combination.

Thank you.

Hi Steve,

I like the Sigma 150-600 c. My only challenge has been limited time to shoot with the lens. I went to Yellowstone in early May with the lens and was very happy with the performance. I used a Canon EF to RF converter and it work great. The AF speed was great even with the Sigma TC-1401 1.4 TC. I did not try any BIF so I can't comment on that with the lens. I plan to use the lens when I want some versatility and need for zoom. I recently finally purchased an RF 800mm f11. So I will see what I like best. I bought the Sigma mainly because I had no idea when I could get the 800. Now I have both I will probably keep both, at lease for a while. I got a great deal on the Sigma, B&H was running a promo and included the Sigma dock and a Sigma protective filter. I don't use a lot of filters, but happy with filter since filter of size and of decent quality are not cheap.

In the past I had the Sigma 150-500 and the 150-600 c seems better to me. I like the weight, I can handhold the lens. I did that most of the time in Yellowstone. I think you will be happy with the results.

Kokopelli_Rocks's gear list:Kokopelli_Rocks's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Sony RX100 III +21 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow