How big of a deal is the reduced DOF with the GFX 50 system for landscape photography?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
goodbokeh
goodbokeh Senior Member • Posts: 1,204
Re: How big of a deal is the reduced DOF with the GFX 50 system for landscape photography?

zurubi wrote:

I'd like to thank everyone who has replied to my question, you are a friendly bunch!

I think this gives me a range of "adjustment stops" to keep in my head.

My strategy will be to rent the 50R with one of the GFX lenses in the next couple of months and then see for myself. If I like it enough (I think this will be a yes), then i'll have to decide what to sell. I can't have 3 systems, so most likely it will be the Sony. It's color performance it's actually driving me mad; I never had to tweak so much the raw files when I was shooting 100% with Fuji X. And I can't see myself leaving the Fuji X system ever...

zurubi, your plan is prudent and you can tread water to see what the GFX 50S MKII has to offer also. Like you I own the Sony A7R3 and if my hand was forced that is the system I would sell. We both know that (select) Sony lenses are very nice but the bodies have the heart and soul of toaster ovens.

goodbokeh's gear list:goodbokeh's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro3 Leica M10 Monochrom Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm GFX 100S Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rbf
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow