Best phone for RAW photography?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Jostian
Jostian Veteran Member • Posts: 4,725
Re: Best phone for RAW photography?

TSGames wrote:

Jostian wrote:

TSGames wrote:

I would not recommend Huawei for raw shooting. They have great cameras and I use the p40 a lot, but the special sensor colors make it almost impossible to get good looking raw files and all of them have strange demosaic artifacts.

I would also think that the best chances for raw would be one of the flagships of Xiaomi combined with a good gcam port, you'll get raws from multiple exposures with very good detail and high editing latitude

Strange, I see nothing wrong with the RAW files from my P40 Pro...

Check out this thread: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4489931

I even inspected dngs with raw digger and could saw these pattern/worming issues. If you have a good and viable workflow which excells against the jpg files please let me know, I would really like to use the dngs.

see these jpeg directly from RAW that you get in Pro mode, no auto processing, just conversion to a jpeg file from the RAW, very natural looking output, don't need to use the RAW files, just the jpegs directly from them that the phone produces by default in Pro mode. Very natural looking output.

No worming issues visible at all.

-- hide signature --
 Jostian's gear list:Jostian's gear list
Panasonic LX100 II Canon EOS R5 Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 15-35mm F2.8L IS USM 808 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow