Old full frame Canon's are such a good deal

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
LeicaEye
LeicaEye Veteran Member • Posts: 5,742
Re: Old full frame Canon's are such a good deal

Toilet Roll wrote:

Had a niggling itch for having an OVF again and just picked up a 5d Mark III (owned but sold my classic and mark ii), its beaten up a little and has a high shutter count but I don't care. Everything still works and surprisingly still produces great stills to this day, love the 100% accuracy viewfinder and while the dynamic range is lacking its no issue for properly exposed shots, a fun camera and quite speedy too for its age.

There are of course others further back in the 5d line, or newer 6d etc that are great value to pick up used if you haven't already and just wanted to make a post for the golden oldies that Canon made to appreciate them.

I'm sure there are lots of people out there who feel the need to upgrade or might not post about being interested in the older bodies but feel free to reply if you still rock a old Canon full frame and why you like it.

Oh, and this forum should have a weekly or monthly photo thread too in my opinion for sharing your old Canon's in the modern age!

As soon as the 5Ds came on the market @ $1k, I jumped in.. What a great camera, i'm not a pro so don't need the latest and greatest to influence potential clients.. Heres Monty, he never usually sits still, always on the hunt.. Just look at his whiskers..

PP Image Tricks

PP Image Tricks

Original --

Gotta luv 50mp... Regards, L

-- hide signature --

Everyday is a Challenge. I Meet It Head On..

LeicaEye's gear list:LeicaEye's gear list
Leica V-Lux 40 Leica D-Lux 7 Nikon D3100 Canon EOS 5DS Leica CL +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow