Best smartphone camera for pro photographers

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Jostian
Jostian Veteran Member • Posts: 4,723
Re: Best smartphone camera for pro photographers

Jostian wrote:

cjfeola wrote:

Hi,

What's the best smartphone camera for pro/enthusiast photographers? I'm looking through the Sony Xperia 1 iii reviews, and everyone is using the Basic setup and auto everything, and then saying a Samsung Galaxy 21 Ultra is better on auto everything for the average person. Which I just don't care about.

What Pro setups give you the most control? The best results for someone willing to work?

For reference, my DD is an Olympus Pen-F, and my "serious" kit is a Sony A7rii and a Pentax K70.

Thanks!

Cjf

Are you asking about UI and control in app or output quality (jpeg & RAW)?

If it's output quality, Huawei has the best versatility, RAW on all lenses, with less heavy processing in auto mode and the real Ace up its sleeve is that its the only OEM that produces a JPEG directly from the RAW file in Pro mode, no auto processing just a direct conversion of the RAW. which is very natural looking and easy to tweak.

-- hide signature --
 Jostian's gear list:Jostian's gear list
Panasonic LX100 II Canon EOS R5 Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 15-35mm F2.8L IS USM 808 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow