Any way to change the filename format of saved pictures? (RX100 VI)

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Michael Fritzen Veteran Member • Posts: 6,373
Re: Any way to change the filename format of saved pictures? (RX100 VI)

Hi,

if you edit the photos in the sequence you like them to appear you could just use then the "edit date" as parameter for the sorting. If you're using Explorer though it might be necessary to add this parameter to the shown file parameter columns - and then you could sort for them, up or down.

For online showing off your work some uploading processes allow to simply keep the sequence os the shown images as they're uploaded. Sometimes you'll find though an option box to check/uncheck that allows re-sorting according to the file name, date/time of capture.

If you want the files to be shown in a Windows ambient according to a sequence that you wish to define though I think the best way is to do a renaming which could consist in only two or three numerical digits inserted in front of the original file name. I prefer to keep somehow the information of the original file name to keep track of my files, making it easier to find the unchanged original files as downloaded from the cam when I should need them.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Michael Fritzen

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow