A9 & A7Riv clip overheating

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
SimpleUser
OP SimpleUser Regular Member • Posts: 208
Re: A9 & A7Riv clip overheating

Nokiron wrote:

Have you tried changing this option as well?

1. MENU →

→ [Auto Power OFF Temp.] → High.

https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/1930/v1/en/contents/TP0002725201.html?search=Temp

Thank you guys,

It seems that it is a known issue, and even prompted some users to 3D print active cooling elements between the flip screen and body (a frame that holds two small computer fans, and connects through a usb to a power source).

As for disabling the warning and auto-off, it is a safety feature, and I will try and tweak it but I don't want it off completely.

I have now to think about it. I do believe in I can find a passive cooling element that can function enough, to reduce the heat (basically, I have to calculate the dimensions for a heat sink fin structure. I'm not even sure if it should be a linear structure or a Bernoulli based structure. The later may offer improved convection through variance of pressure, especially since the heat source is at its epicenter (act like an oven chimney and draw cooler air onto it..).

-- hide signature --

NK88
Sony A9 | Sony A7Riv || Sony FE 200-600 g OSS | Sony F2.8 70-200 GM OSS| Sony TCx2 | Sony TCx1.4 || LA-EA5 | Tokina 19-35 |
|Minolta AF f8 500mm mirror|

SimpleUser's gear list:SimpleUser's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R IV Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS Sony 1.4x Teleconverter (2016) Sony 2x Teleconverter (2016) +4 more
selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow