ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SimpleUser
SimpleUser Regular Member • Posts: 208
A9 & A7Riv clip overheating

OK

Background:

-- hide signature --

I had been working with my A9 & A7Riv for a while now (A7Riv since 2019, A9 since 2018).

I shoot wildlife exclusively, and live in a climate at which I might be subject to temperatures of ~ 35C (95F).

Since in the past 6 months, I started alternating between stills and clips of subjects, I found both cameras overheat under the workload, and got an "overheating' message whenever I wanted to take a clip, just after taking a series of stills.

I got it on both cameras, and they do feel hot to the hand, especially since they are exposed to the sun, while not in use (availability issue when making 'car photography' session.

I use a vertical handle for both (two batteries), I shoot clips of 1-3 minutes, 5 min. at the most.

My Q:

--

1) Has anyone using these cameras encountered the same issue?

2) It there a way to dissipate the heat, such that this issue does not recur as frequently as it does?

--
NK88
Sony A9 | Sony A7Riv || Sony FE 200-600 g OSS | Sony F2.8 70-200 GM OSS| Sony TCx2 | Sony TCx1.4 || LA-EA5 | Tokina 19-35 |
|Minolta AF f8 500mm mirror|

SimpleUser's gear list:SimpleUser's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R IV Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS Sony 1.4x Teleconverter (2016) Sony 2x Teleconverter (2016) +4 more
ANSWER:
Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow