XE-4 AF vs EOS M6 mark II AF

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Miguel-C
Miguel-C Senior Member • Posts: 2,147
Re: XE-4 AF vs EOS M6 mark II AF

Jianfei WANG wrote:

Clive99 wrote:

Jianfei WANG wrote:

Not sure this is applicable. Too many variables when you include the adapter to draw a conclusion as to performance with native lenses. I'd be interested in performance with native lenses..and you'd probably want to pick newer internal focus lenses for both..otherwise you're testing the lens.

I'm sorry it was not a scientific test, but that was not my intent either. In addition, I've even done a more non-scientific test to compared Viltrox 23/1.4 XF with Sigma 18-35 adapted to M6 II, and the conclusion was the same: the keeper rate was significantly higher with Canon. In fact, as we all know, AF, and the features like 'face detection', 'eye tracking' are more sensor/body related, so I was not showing the lens test result, but trying to share my experience with OP that Canon's AF performance is better than Fuji's.

My sigma 18-35mm on a canon body works as well as a native lens. I'm not sure that would be the case with a fuji.

-- hide signature --

Cordial Regards

Miguel-C's gear list:Miguel-C's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Canon EOS M5 Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow