CaptureOne and Lightroom differences in texture handling

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Marc dbr
Marc dbr Regular Member • Posts: 365
CaptureOne and Lightroom differences in texture handling

Hi all,

It has been a few weeks since I made the switch from Lightroom to C1 and I love the color rendering on canon files so far. One thing that is disappointing me is the rendering of the texture/grain/noise which appears digital and blotchy on CaptureOne files. See the screenshot below for a 300% view of both programs. I know 300% is zoomed in a lot but I am seeing it on my large prints so this is just to illustrate the differences in a clear way. The difference is also visible in lower magnification, albeit less pronounced. Even though there is more noise shown in Lightroom I like the more uniform look a lot better.

In this case the exposure of the C1 image was slightly tweaked but sharpening was at the same level and noise reduction is always turned off on my edits.

Any tips on how I could tweak sharpening or anything else on CaptureOne to make the texture rendering closer to Lightroom's rendering would be greatly appreciated!

Marc

-- hide signature --
 Marc dbr's gear list:Marc dbr's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow