Fujifilm XF 35mm f1.4 vs 35mm f2 (Sample Photos)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP jidccruz Regular Member • Posts: 112
Re: Fujifilm XF 35mm f1.4 vs 35mm f2 (Sample Photos)

JoshuaRothman wrote:

jidccruz wrote:

I actually want to know everyone's thoughts as I don't plan to keep them both.

I really really love the f1.4 and not minding the slow and hunting focusing, but my daughter is starting to learn to walk now and I reckon the f2 will give me more keepers than the f1.4, so.... I don't really know. Although I have the 23 f2 and 90 f2 which are snappy (giving myself reason to keep the slowpoke 35 f1.4 haha)

And yeah, the distortion is really there for the f2.

Personally, I wouldn't make this decision using test images. I'd take pictures of your main subject—your toddler daughter—and see which you prefer.

I have a three year old, and after testing both I found that I preferred the 35 1.4. On my X-Pro3, the focusing is very fast. And I think the extra stop of light is meaningful. I take a lot of family pictures in low light

Yeah, in my XT30 it's fast enough even for non-pose candid shots of her. Alternatively, Im thinking of posting an ad to sell the XT30 + 35 f2 and buy a used X-H1 ($694) or XT3 ($833). AF and weight wise it's the XT3, BUT I heare the IBIS in the XH1 reallt helps lowering your SS for low-light. I'll keep the XT2 as a backup or just sell it too if I'll be happy with either.

jidccruz's gear list:jidccruz's gear list
Fujifilm X70 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR XF 90mm
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow