* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #689 on 2021 07 07 *

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Mike Fewster Veteran Member • Posts: 8,621
Re: An Odd One

19andrew47 wrote:

minniev wrote:

Because the boys (son and grandson) were in too harsh a shadow, I couldn't do much with this one other than let them go into silhouette against the background of Yosemite Falls and the Valley. I dunno. It is odd enough that I kept it. Thanks for your thoughts on the matter.

I do not know what you expect from this Paula. The image as presented is small in size and I suspect has already been processed. I had a go at 'the boys' and the result is below. I think you may be able to do more with the original than you suspect, but I could be mistaken.

Andrew

I prefer Paula's original version but I agree that it is "odd." The silhouetting of the figures has dehumanized them. They have become not real people but works of art in the landscape. It reminds me of two dimensional statues placed in a landscape. The figures look at the mountains and the fallen trees.

It has been transformed from a family photo to a statement about national parks and their value. That's a subject I feel strongly about so I give it a big nod of approval.

-- hide signature --

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

Mike Fewster's gear list:Mike Fewster's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony a7R II Sony a7R III
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow