How bad is Windows 10 "Home" ?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
calson Forum Pro • Posts: 10,570
Re: How bad is Windows 10 "Home" ?

The Home version provides no ability to alter how much access the people at Microsoft (and their corporate clients) have to your computer  and when downloads are installed and possibly new bugs introduced. With the Pro version I can suspend updates until 90 days after their release and let others be the guinea pigs for Microsoft.

Several years ago Microsoft shut down its quality control and testing group and so the customer is now doing the testing and reporting back problems to Microsoft. Last thing I want is to have a computer that is damaged by Microsoft and my applications can no longer work.

A second aspect of computers that ship with Windows Home is that they are considered consumer class and so tech support is nowhere near as good as with other models from the same company with the "corporate" version of Windows, the Pro version, installed. With HP in particular the business class computers provide their owners with fast access to Level 2 tech support from people born in the USA.

-- hide signature --

"It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government to save the environment." Ansel Adams

calson's gear list:calson's gear list
Nikon D5 Nikon D850
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KJC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow