EF 400mm f/5.6L USM image quality

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Dave
Dave Veteran Member • Posts: 5,812
Re: EF 400mm f/5.6L USM image quality

1Dx4me wrote:

Dave wrote:

Octopuss wrote:

True, but where I live the prime is like 2/3 of v2 of 100-400.

Unfortunately no one seems to be selling the prime 2nd hand so I might be in for some wait.

Are you in the US? I know you already purchased, but I receive notifications about used 400 f/5.6 lenses about weekly. One of these days I may actually buy a copy.

not as versatile as canon EF 100400 II, it is a pleasure to have the prime 400mm. i still enjoy using mine when i get a chance! the prime is so light and well designed that you won't feel carrying it all day. the other positive attribute of the prime is its blazing fast focus when used in daylight. i think you'll enjoy using it if you could snag one at a reasonable price.

good luck.

My incentive to purchase waned when I canceled a trip to Antarctica. There will be other occasions for which I will want this lens, so I will have opportunities to buy one.

Dave's gear list:Dave's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow