Sooc shots of Osprey. Not sharp, Lots of noise

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Horacecoker Veteran Member • Posts: 3,519
Re: A shot where eagle was not close!

FrancoD wrote:

semi-tame eagle...

Sometime it is the location, for example I tried many times to get close to a type of parrot on my property in the bush but could never get close enough, yet down in the village , about 3 KM away, I could walk to 4 or 5 metres to them.

Other times a bird will get to know you .

I had a female Kestrel not only letting me get to within 3 metres of her but also on two occasions coming closer to me to show me what she had cought. At other times she would fly past me so that I could follow her hunting. (they hover when hunting) The same bird would fly away when other would get to 15-20 metres of her (perched...)

On my bush property I had a resident pair of Magpies. By the house I could not get close to them, but about 50 metres up the hill, close to their nesting area, I could walk to within 2 metres no problem at all. Same two birds...

I hear what you are saying but I think Bald Eagles are an exception. The forums are stuffed to bursting point with never-ending pictures of the blighters. I reckon the ones that aren't semi- tame are not actually alive, probably stuffed! I've even seen phone shots of them filling the frame! Majestic birds for sure but I wouldn't lose any sleep if I never clapped eyes on another photo of a Bald Eagle.

I hope folk don't think I've written all that because I live in the UK and I'm jealous and would love to be the one behind the camera taking these Bald Eagle shots. 

Horacecoker's gear list:Horacecoker's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 IV Sony a6600 Sony E 16-55mm F2.8 G Sony E 70-350mm F4.5-6.3 G OSS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow