M43 cameras at a car show.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
C Sean Veteran Member • Posts: 3,130
M43 cameras at a car show.

Before I begin, I'll be doing a separate posts in a few days time and show some of my images. I took like 3,000 images and that will take some time deleting the bulk of them. (I took a lot of track action with the G9)

Today, I went to Goodwood Festival of Speed. A car show located in the South of England. There is a live feed on their youtube channel for the next few days, I'll post a link below for anyone who's interested.

Anyway, car shows are a good indicator of what cameras people are using. Now I didn't attend Goodwood Festival of Speed in 2019 due to work issues and I felt it not a show I would want to visit every year. However, I did attend in 2018 and I'd noticed the number 1 mirrorless camera was in fact Fuji. Saying that for Goodwood Revival, I say the number 1 mirrorless camera is M43.

*Goodwood Revival is vintage car racing and usually runs in September*

This year straight away I noticed maybe one Fuji camera or maybe two but it could of been a Leica. What caught my eye was the encouraging signs Mirrorless Full Frame was taking over with a fair amount of Sony Alphas, a few Canon Rs and a few Nikon Zs. To be fair I'm considering bringing Nikon Z6 next year, that if I go. However, Canon DSLR still dominate the majority of Lens Interchangeable cameras.

However, throughout the day I was noticing more and more M43 cameras. Which actually took me by surprise and I don't know if the Pandemic encourage people to use their cameras and book something special. This what I did. Now I imagine both M43 and Sony Alphas were neck to neck for being the most popular mirrorless cameras. That said a lot of M43 shooters were the older generation but there were a few younger people as well.

End of the day I'd a great day out and it felt great being in an almost normal environment. Everyone needed a negative flow test results to enter and people used that as an excuse to enjoy themselves.

I did promise work I would stay away from people but I can't do anything when they decide to stand next to me or stand over me.(I do bend the knee when taking photos). I think I keep that bit quiet.

Live Feed of Goodwood Festival of Speed

Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow